Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vegan Chocolate Truffles (take 2)

For those of you who follow this blog and remember my Valentine's Day truffle making experience (see 2/14/09 post), where my truffles resembled flat chocolate pancakes, rather than the usual three-dimensional truffle shape, you will be interested to see I am posting another recipe for vegan (and gluten-free) chocolate truffles, this one from Vegetarian Times magazine, February 2009 issue.  

I have yet to try the recipe so I can't tell you about the result just yet, but I couldn't resist sharing the recipe, with my notes in parenthetical.

Ingredients (list is short and sweet, just as I prefer):
1/2 cup chocolate soymilk (I plan to substitute unsweetened chocolate almond milk due to difficulties digesting soy)
1 12-oz. pkg vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

1.  Warm milk until hot to touch, set aside.
2.  Melt chips in large metal bowl set over saucepan (or use a double boiler) of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Stir in warmed milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight (I think I will opt for caution and will refrigerate overnight as I think this was my downfall last time).
3.  Place cocoa on plate (or wax paper on counter top).  Shape chilled chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls, and roll in cocoa. 

Makes 40 1-inch truffles.  Enjoy (not all at once).


   


No comments: