Monday, April 6, 2009

Natural dog shampoo?


Next product search...natural dog shampoo.  After I bathed my dog last night, I happened to check the ingredients of the Oatmeal & Aloe Vera shampoo and saw the dreaded "SLS" listed- sodium laurel sulfate AND sodium laureth sulfate duo among other ingredients I cannot pronounce.  Yikes!  Maybe that's why Snoozy hates bath time. He's also not a fan of getting wet so that could explain it, too. 

Check out the link below for an explanation of the dangers of SLS:

If anyone has suggestions for a natural dog shampoo, I would like to hear about it.

*UPDATE* I bought Aubrey Organics dog shampoo from my local health food store.  I was planning to buy this very product online, after significant time spent researching and scrutinizing ingredients but when I saw it in my local store, it made more sense (and cents) to support my local businesses on Main Street.

No comments: