Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cafe Blossom (Upper West Side, NYC) VEG



This will be more of a "mini review", as I have already fully reviewed this organic, vegan restaurant's other NYC location (see Sept. 25, 2008 post) plus I did not take copious notes as I usually do when reviewing.   I dined here for vegan Saturday bunch, a first among my Blossom experiences, with my friend, Jessica.  Prior to this, I've been to the Chelsea/9th Ave. location for lunch and dinner.   I do believe the prices are slightly cheaper in the uptown location, so that was a nice surprise.   

I was thrilled to have a vegan brunch experience because typically brunch fare is so filling and heavy on the butter.  I had the vegan french toast with fresh fruit (an add-on) and pure maple syrup, as opposed to the watered-down sugary syrup that I refuse to eat.   What a pleasure to eat this entire meal and not feel stuffed afterwards.   So delicious.  The ginseng iced tea with organic lemon was very refreshing, too on an unseasonably warm day.

Jessica had the soy philly sandwich, made with seitan, which was quite a hefty portion and came with fries, too.  

Check out the picture to see our meals before we devoured them!   Well, I devoured mine; to be fair, there were some leftovers on Jessica's sandwich platter.

The decor itself was not as chic as the 9th Ave. location but was rather cool in its own right, with interesting stone accents along the bar and under the glass counter on which your food would be placed, if seated at the bar.  

No matter which location, this is one of my favorite vegan spots in the city.

Cafe Blossom
466 Columbus Ave.
Between W. 82nd/W. 83rd)
New York, NY
(212) 875-2600






No comments: