Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Korean Restaurant inside Olympus Spa (Lynnwood, WA) VF

Well, this is definitely a first --a dining experience wearing nothing but a bathrobe. I could get used to this!  Allow me to explain.  This restaurant is inside the Olympus Spa located in Lynnwood, Washington -- an amazingly relaxing place.  This is a little off topic, but I can't contain myself and it's my blog so I make the rules, right?  The spa is incredible -- there are four hydrotherapy whirlpools, each at different temperatures (my favorite was a toasty 95 degrees), two saunas (one was herbal) and an array of heated rooms, most of which contained a natural element (such as charcoal, jade, sand, salt) that had health benefits listed on the door of each room. They also offered the usual spa treatments like massages, facials and the like.  

Now, on to the Korean restaurant review. Does it even matter?  I don't even know if it had a name.  The restaurant was nothing really to look at, oh wait, I didn't have my glasses on, so that could explain it.  (I certainly could not wear glasses into the 170 degree mud and jade room, could I?) 

The food was Korean (quite appropriate given the Korean-style spa) and my aunt and I shared the vegetable and tofu bibimbap. It was quite tasty and hearty with the raw egg in the middle and bottle of sauce on the table that was labeled "spicy" - I was able to see that fine, yes.  It wasn't too spicy as I recall, though.   They did serve the traditional small plates before the entrees, too and some odd things, like Snickers bars and big cookies were available at the counter, which I felt were out of place. That's just me.

Service was a bit too prompt and efficient for a spa where relaxation was the theme.  I hope the staff gets free spa passes or discounts at the very least.   As for the bill, I was so relaxed, I can't remember exactly how much it was!  (It was definitely not outrageous though -- I would remember that for sure!)  

Check out the website at www.olympusspa.net
There are two locations, both in Washington state.

Olympus Spa (the location I visited)
3815 196th Street S.W. Suite 160
Lynnwood, WA 
(425) 697-3000
Hours:
Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Fri. and Sat. 9 a.m. - midnight
Closed Sundays, Thanksgiving and X-mas

No comments: