Sunday, November 9, 2008

Brooklyn Bagel & Coffee Co. (286 8th Ave at 25th St., NYC - Chelsea)

This may be a strange place to include in this blog but when I discovered the huge variety of tofu spreads for the bagels, I added it to my review list.   The place itself was nice and it was bustling at lunch time. It was crowded but not overly tight, with every table full and almost every counter stool, too.  They offered cinnamon walnut raisin tofu spread, plain tofu, veggie tofu and wasabi salmon tofu spread (I don't really get that last one - definitely not vegetarian friendly.  Good effort though. Maybe it's for someone who can't tolerate the dairy in regular cream cheese.)  There were also loads of alternative cream cheese flavors, like chipotle, for the non-vegans or non-vegetarians out there.  (Note: I did visit this restaurant with my meat-loving co-worker who asked not to be named for security purposes.  Very mysterious, I know.  He must do CIA detail on the side.   Or, maybe he works for Captain LaGuerta or the Strike Team.  You know who you are.)   Anyway, I opted for a toasted whole wheat bagel  with the veggie tofu spread.  The bagel sandwich was huge with tons (too much for me) tofu spread but otherwise good, not great.  The bagel place near my house has far superior bagels, just for the record.   I did really like the granola with blueberries and yogurt treat for dessert - that hit the spot and was very filling.   For a total price of $7.50, it was totally worthwhile.  Next time, I will hopefully get a table.

(212) 924 -2824

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.