Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Boston Vegetarian Food Festival!

Can I be any more excited for this event?  I am not sure yet if I can go, but if it's at all possible, I intend on attending and well, feasting and sampling to my heart's content...Sounds glorious.  Here is the link:
http://www.bostonveg.org/foodfest/index.html

Details from the above website:
Saturday, November 1, 2008
10 AM – 6 PM 
Reggie Lewis Athletic Center
1350 Tremont Street, Boston Massachusetts
Free admission • Free food sampling (YES!...emphasis mine)
Free parking • Subway stop across the street


One of the speakers is the author of my favorite vegan dessert cookbook, which is The Joy of Vegan Baking: Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets.  I plan to whip up a batch of banana chocolate chip cake tomorrow for my dad, a recipe which is based on one from this wonderful cookbook.  I say "based on" because I always experiment with the ingredients and end up substituting more healthful ingredients where I find it works taste-wise.  I will post my "doctored" recipe on this blog when I can.

Why have I not heard of this amazing event before now?  After all, it's been going on for twelve years already!

No comments: