Monday, October 3, 2011

Vegan Divas cupcakes

So scrumptious!  Can you see the flecks of gold?  It was a beautiful cupcake and received rave reviews from everyone who tasted and devoured them.
Shining beauties!  A pure delight for my taste buds!
I had one of those deal coupons from Living Social for eight vegan cupcakes (I think three big cookies were another option) and I could not wait to use it.  It works a bit differently than most deals, meaning you have to send them an email and the Vegan Divas let you know when to pick up the loot so don't expect them right away, as it does take a few days - four in my case.  The pickup location was at The Plaza Hotel.  I wish the exact pickup location within the food hall was specified because I was wandering for a bit until I asked at the FC Chocolate Bar counter (other dessert businesses had no idea what I was talking about when asking for vegan cupcakes).  Fernanda (one of the "divas") tells me I have found the pickup location for Vegan Divas delicious treats.   It happens to be a traditional French patisserie.  I do have a weakness for French pastries and everything looked delectable and so artful there.  As it so happens, there are a few vegan options there such as coconut macarons and certain donuts.  She soon hand-delivers the bag of eight cupcakes to me and to my surprise, they are all chocolate.  I expected more variety but certainly was not disappointed with chocolate.

As you can see in the photos, they are beautiful so I could hardly wait until I was home to taste them (but I did)!   They are incredibly moist throughout, which is amazing for vegan cupcakes, which tend to be on the dry side.   There is no way you could tell these were vegan creations.  The cupcakes were outrageously scrumptious, both the frosting and the cake, and so pretty with flecks of gold laced into the frosting.  My favorite part aside from the eating aspect is their products are sweetened with maple syrup, evaporated cane juice and sucanat - yah for natural sweeteners!  

Check out the nearest locations to you that carry Vegan Divas products on the website:

I know which store I will be headed to to get my fix. 
YUM.


1 comment:

Marie Carter said...

Gillian gave me one of these chocolate vegan cupcakes and it was delicious. Most vegan baked goods that I have are not that moist but these cupcakes are. I also loved the gold flakes. Nice touch. What a decadent treat.