Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sacred Chow (Greenwich Village, NYC)


I wasn't even planning to blog about my lunch at Sacred Chow, even though it was fantastic, as always.  I was just thrilled they were open til 4 on this "hurricane Irene" weekend.  This food here never disappoints - vegan, organic and kosher.  Just plain clean food prepared with love - my favorite!  Now I am sorry that I didn't even take photos of my three tapas (3 for $18) but for the record I had root vegetable latkes (delish, nice and crisp on the outside - it maybe my fave tapas item), spicy soba noodles and sesame collards (mmm, I needed a green infusion)....but when this dessert arrived, I knew I had to capture its decadence.  Chocolate truffle cake with strawberry ganache and pralines was simply divine!  The strawberry jam perfectly cut the dense chocolate and the pralines gave it that satisfying crunch.  It cost $8.50, which is a bit steep for dessert but it is huge so it's really two portions, if you need to justify it.  Trust me, it is pure chocolate heaven...

No comments: