Sunday, July 12, 2009

Homeopathic cold relief - Nature's Way Umcka ColdCare

Last week, the inevitable summer cold was upon me. I started feeling sick on Monday, you know that not quite right, heavy, blah feeling, which is very out of the ordinary for me as I am normally filled with energy. By Tuesday, I realized that I had a cold since I was sneezing non-stop, had a runny nose and teary eyes on top of that "blah" feeling. So, I went to seek out a homeopathic, natural remedy, rather than the traditional cold medicine that would simply make me tired with the drugs it contained, a solution I did not feel good about. I went to my local health food store in Metuchen and bought an herbal product called Nature's Way Umcka ColdCare. The package advertised that it "shortens duration and reduces severity" for coughs, sinus infections, congestion and more. Great! Sold.

I must report that it actually tasted pleasant, good actually; I was as surprised as you can imagine. The remedy is in liquid form that you squirt into your mouth several times a day (no more than five times despite its taste) via the eyedropper that is provided. I can attest to the claim that it did shorten the duration and severity of my
cold since I started taking it on Tuesday and felt much better by Friday morning - three short days, which is a way shorter time than my usual cold would last and I do not have a lingering cough from post-nasal drip, either.

Anyway, I know this is advice from just one person, but I will use this product in the future. Hopefully, I won't need it for awhile though. Here is looking forward to a healthy rest of the summer and beyond for myself and my readers!

No comments: